Nottinghamshire Support and Services
Emergency Assistance Fund for Food and Essential Supplies across Nottinghamshire
The government has announced emergency assistance of £63 million to be distributed to upper tier local authorities in England to use to support groups who are helping people who are struggling to afford food and other essentials due to COVID-19.
Nottinghamshire County Council has been allocated £858,285, to help communities respond to exceptional challenges over the coming months. They want to continue to support local charities and community organisations that are delivering essential services to vulnerable residents in Nottinghamshire impacted by COVID-19, by using the funding to:
- meet immediate need and help those who are struggling to afford food and essentials due to COVID-19
- support existing schemes and other support which deliver the same outcomes and where the need is greatest
- work together with other local authorities to provide support and ensure the funding meets its objectives
Nottinghamshire charities, community and voluntary groups, and other organisations can now apply to access funding to deliver projects or services that support people in genuine need of food, other essentials and advice as a result of COVID-19.
Nottinghamshire Covid-19 Community Fund
The Nottinghamshire COVID-19 Community Fund has been re-opened to help communities as they respond to exceptional challenges over the coming months.
Nottinghamshire charities and voluntary groups can apply for a grant of anywhere between £200 to £10,000 to deliver projects or services that meet the Nottinghamshire COVID-19 Community Fund criteria.
The following organisations are eligible to apply:
- local organisations providing a service or support to people living within Nottinghamshire County boundaries (this does not include Nottingham City residents)
- registered charities*
- excepted charities*
- constituted voluntary and community organisations*
- sports clubs with Clubmark
- Parish and Town Councils who are actively responding to the needs of vulnerable people in Nottinghamshire communities.
* Includes Churches and other faith-based organisations.
Please check that people using your service live in eligible Nottinghamshire postcodes by entering their postcode and address on the Contact a Councillor webpage.
Organisations that decide to apply for funding will be asked to confirm their organisation type (i.e. charity status and legal structure) on the application form.